Thursday, April 11, 2013

What to do

Thanks once again to Ina, here's what to do if you have these ingredients on hand. I NEVER would have thought of this combination, but we oohed and aahed over this one last night.




I happened to have bacon, leftover (already cooked) salmon, and avocado (because once again I succumbed to 3/$5.00). I did not have Ciabatta bread and I forgot the arugula part, but it was still a reviewable success.

Cooked the bacon and then heated the salmon in the renderings (thanks Dana:) Made the guacamole with a little salsa added in for the kick. I just toasted my thin sandwich bread and in the excitement, forgot about the arugula. I only had iceberg anyway, as I'm shying away from the fancy lettuces until they assure me they know how to properly clean them.

This is the original recipe, but I can tell you that it adapts well. Enjoy!

Credits: Foodnetwork.com Ina Garten salmon and guacamole sandwiches







6 comments:

  1. Looks delicious...
    Sounds delicious...
    And..healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recall the restaurant, but I once had a grilled salmon and tomato sandwich that was delicious. Your dinner surely must have been fantastic! Everything's better with bacon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hungry now...

    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. You didn't tell me that you forgot the arugula*—whatever that is. I'm sure it would have made all the difference in the world.

    * "arugula, arugula, arugula" don't you just love the sound of it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you followed up with a post. I've been thinking about this ever since our conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is difficult to stop oneself to take the taste of your mentioned presentation.I will share with my wife to prepare this ourself. Thank you!
    best Mac software

    ReplyDelete