Saturday, June 22, 2013

My pick

I don't watch "The Voice", but I did tune in to the finale. The performance by Usher and Michelle Chamuel was totally amazing. The powers that be have blocked the Youtube version of the performance, so this studio rendition is all there is to share. I love this young singer and can't wait to see what she does on her own next. Her glasses are the BEST! This may be my favourite version of U2's "One". Michelle really held her own singing with Usher. The winner, Danielle, was also outstanding, but you really have to be into country. Great talents all.

2 comments:

  1. Alas, I have become disillusioned with these shows...I watch The X Factor, but only because of Simon Cowell's presence. Over the years, I've come to realize that so many of those who I thought had wonderful voices and would have a successful musical career given the valuable exposure on these shows have instead gone on to have no real career (certainly not one with any impact) and their sudden success while on these shows really does represent Andy Warhol's "fifteen minutes of fame". Take Crystal Bowersox, for example. I loved her!! I thought she'd be a huge star, but sadly, that didn't happen. And there are many whose names I now cannot even recall. I think the music industry is a very tough nut to crack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recording. If nothing else happens a billion people would trade her for that 15 min!!

    ReplyDelete