Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Marching on in Oslo

Follow my trail through Frogner Park and the FABULOUS Vigeland Sculpture Arrangement


Over the bridge. If you haven't appreciated sculpture before this, you just may now. One can clearly see the influence Rodin had on Gustav Vigeland






The most photographed sculpture in the park. No one knows why he's fussing! Probably all the photographers!









Always look back


And UP.....the Monolith







"Frogner Park contains, in its present centre, the world famous Vigeland Sculpture Arrangement (Norwegian: Vigelandsanlegget) designed by Gustav Vigeland. Although sometimes incorrectly referred to as the Vigeland (Sculpture) Park, the Vigeland Sculpture Arrangement is not a separate park, but the name of the sculptures within Frogner Park. The sculpture park consists of sculptures as well as larger structures such as bridges and fountains.

Frogner Park is the largest park in the city and covers 45 hectares and the Sculpture Arrangement is the world's largest sculpture park made by a single artist. Frogner Park is the most popular tourist attraction of Norway, with between 1 and 2 million visitors each year, and is open to the public at all times."




And we haven't even had lunch yet!





Quote Credit: Wikipedia
All photos my own

3 comments:

  1. These are amazing sculptures, not quite sure if I like them or not, but they are amazing. Your photos are great, but I expect that I would need to see them in person to appreciate them. That of course gives me another reason to need to visit Oslo! Keep enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Oh, how I would love to go to Oslo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen anything like that before...in my whole life!
    That sculpture is awesome, Leslie...
    Thanks for showing it to me!

    ReplyDelete