Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Devil is in the details

My obsession with architectural detail was only heightened prior to our sea voyage after taking the latest Mary Ann Moss class SEWN
{See my sidebar for the link too}

I was now seeing details through a different lens (literally) and Europe proved to be a bonanza of shapes and patterns. Someone was wondering about my style of photo capture. I don't do people in front of monuments and I prefer to zoom in with my big lens on details as opposed to panoramic or postcard type shots. That's it. How could one not want to be inspired by these colours, shapes and patterns?? Thanks Mary Ann. A whole new world.






Time to get out the photoshop, sketch book, pencils, pens, water colours, inks, ......you get it....inspired!

1 comment:

  1. That building in the first picture is amazing, I have never seen anything like that before! xx

    ReplyDelete