Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Winter Herbs

Come to find out that tomorrow our power will be off from 10:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. I have no intention of staying in the house with no light, no computer, no POWER for the day, so I'm leaving Dodge. This also necessitates me parking my car overnight at the neighbors, because I don't want to get hemmed in if they happen to arrive early. Not a morning person doesn't even come close to describing me, and since I function best at night, this seemed like a great idea.

While on my way out to reposition vehicles, I noticed that the climbing hydrangea has totally lost all it's leaves, the garbage pails had blown onto the front lawn, and the herbs that I had acting as a "fall arrangement" in the courtyard, are looking quite "leggy". This was a bit of a pleasant diversion from sweating over the hemming of pants. So out I went, clad in, as it turns out, the same gear that one uses to walk dogs! It's FREEZING here!!!



The car is in the neighbors' drive. The leaves are all raked up and bagged. The herbs are washed and drying as per Kalyns Kitchen.

Someone who lives in this house had best be aware that all of this has gone on in the midst of preparing for yet another trip. There will be no power the day before take-off. This is GET AT IT TIME!









2 comments:

  1. Why no power???
    Did you forget to pay the bill?! ha!
    Are those the same herbs we were ooooohing and awwwwing over??
    I went to fitness today...big changes going on over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I see that "no power" is not just a Markham thing! Ours was off for almost the full predicted period the first day, but all was well the second day. At least you don't have a one year old house guest! Guess you may be forced to shop for new travel attire if you can't stay warm at home. Call me before you depart Dodge and the phone is out. Thank goodness for cells.

    ReplyDelete