Friday, December 13, 2013

You must see this one!

On our way to Vancouver, I was able to watch the Documentary "20 Feet From Stardom" on Air Canada. I would have watched it on the return too, but it was not available. This is just such a fascinating film. I highly recommend it. I per-ordered the DVD. It will be released in January.

Last night we had the opportunity to see Darlene Love in concert, right here in Mississauga. You have to give this woman all the credit she is due. She can still belt out a mighty fine tune! We look forward to hearing her again on David Letterman just before Christmas.




I was so delighted that as well as Christmas tunes she included Da Do Ron Ron, He's a Rebel and Stand By Me. Fabulous! The audience was of a "certain" age, but in the front row there were fans from New Jersey! Turns out the wife works at McCarter theatre in Princeton! That's dedication!!!









Photo credit: Web Poster

1 comment:

  1. We loved this film as well...saw it at Bloor Street Hot Docs which is a great place to go. What good timing to see Darlene Love shortly after viewing the movie. I am sure she was amazing in person.

    ReplyDelete