Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Who would have thought?

A few weeks ago I had a rather unusual email request.

It was to use one of my photos as the back cover of a magazine! When I arrived home last evening the magazine was in the mailbox.

In April, 2012, David Plummer and I had attended an exhibition at the National Geographic Society in Washington, D.C.

Apparently there is a magazine devoted entirely to The Titanic. So now my little life-boat tackle picture is the entire back cover of the "Winter 2013-14 edition". "Voyage 86". "Titanic's hero from Hawthorne".

Pretty exciting, and I have to admit shamefacedly to being a bit flattered, but also a bit scary that you can be found no matter where you are with an iPhone!
























7 comments:

  1. Way to go Leslie!! You should be very proud of yourself and the fact that you are in print!! Brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you! Still, I am rather glad that I declined your request for a photo of me
    doing the Leo "King-of-the-World" pose...I shudder to think.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations my friend! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo, now the Prof is not the only one published, and it is a much better use of time than Orange Chicken.

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete