Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Worth watching

Sometimes it's strange how things come about. I have a daily box-calendar from the Metropolitan Museum of Art that flips a new piece of art each day of the year. Sometimes I love the image so much that I remove it from the stand and keep it out "just in case" I might want to use or refer to it again. Last year, Monday, July 8, 2013 was a drawing titled: "Egon Schiele "Portrait of a Woman" Color Lithograph. Metropolitan Museum of Art".





When I go to the Met, I hope to see as many of my retrieved favourites as possible.


This oil painting of the same name has a fascinating history behind it. At the very time that I was organizing my foundlings, I came across a documentary on TVO entitled "POW - Portrait of Wally"










By now, you may or may not have seen the trailers for this upcoming movie about the very issue of repatriated art. As someone said in the documentary, these pieces are the last prisoners of war. How true. It's a fascinating trip through the world of art collecting and dealing.








The story of "The Goldfinch" is based on a piece of stolen art.........from, you guessed it.... the Met!

My, my six degrees of separation for sure! Now to get to the Met!









No comments:

Post a Comment