Friday, April 25, 2014

Literary Outing

Had a wonderful afternoon at the Toronto Reference Library yesterday. It was the perfect day to take an adventurous trip on the subway and meet with a friend over a shared enthusiasm. Sandra Gulland has a new book out now "The Shadow Queen". You might remember her as the author of one of my all-time favourite trilogies "Josephine B." It was wonderful to hear the author read her own passages and speak to many cogent audience questions regarding her process as a writer.

Sandra Gulland and Susan Williamson

I have not yet read the book, but do have a lovely signed copy to look forward to.   I really enjoyed meeting an International Bestselling Author.

Susan and I caught up over a coffee and treats at Balzac's coffee shop which is installed on the ground level of the library. Just like J.K. Rowling's beginning efforts, of writing in cafés, almost makes one want to write a book. Almost....well, Susan is.....(writing a book that is) but I'd rather be a patron of the arts :)

P.S.   I mentioned to Sandra that I have difficulty with having the books I loan to people returned.  I can never remember who has my copy of this or that.  So, if YOU have my copy of "Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe"....please pop it in the mailbox, I wish to read the entire trilogy once again.  Sandra also has given me a hand written book plate to include in my newest book :)


Photo: Taken by me and permission granted to post.





4 comments:

  1. I haven't had so much fun in ages. Already 50 pages into The Shadow Queen and can't put it down. (What are we going to do next?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Susan W in so long! Or you either, Leslie, but I feel like I "see" you on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete