Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Total Diversion

Finally! The weather is getting nicer and some days the sun is even shining....what to do??? Go to a dark movie theatre! I know, it seems a bit weird, but if all things have to be perfect for an outing, then a sunny day at the movies it is.

I'm not going to say anything about this one. It is TOTALLY Wes Anderson, and you either like his narrative style or you don't. Past works, "Moonrise Kingdom" and "Fantastic Mr. Fox" are particular favourites of mine, so if you enjoyed those, you might enjoy this. It's quirky, weird, visual fantasy and a cast of just about everyone you ever knew. While we were there, we noticed "The Lunchbox" and "Great Beauty" - films that I have on my list, as well as a new Canadian one from Newfoundland - "The Grand Seduction". I can recommend the popcorn too!:)






1 comment: