Friday, June 27, 2014

Oh My Goodness

It's always such a pleasure to hear from your grown son. This one is a man of few words, but he never ceases to amaze when he does have something to share. Fortunately for his aging parents, they are usually things like, my job is going really well, we just bought an adorable house, we got two new kitties....not   ... "I'm entering in an obstacle race that involves lots of mud, freezing water, and shocks." These are things that make mothers, in particular, cringe.

I'm glad it's over, I'm glad his knees are still intact and I'm glad someone took these amazing photos of his latest claim to fame. Let's just hope this is a "been there, done that" moment.

In his own words:

"Here's what I did last weekend. 19km mountain race with obstacles up at Whistler. The worst ones were diving under a submerged wall in glacial water and the 10,000 volts of electric shock at the very end of the race. I got shocked twice and it felt like I had been shot each time. Super fun!"










This is my favourite photo of this grueling series.






This is my least favourite photo. Not sure that it's a good thing to see that ambulance by the shock wires!



Not sure about this one either....YIKES




Yeah Gordon!



The moral of this story is that while your children are young, you are constantly trying to equip them with the ability
to be independent and strong so that they will become responsible adults. The only problem is that when they become strong responsible adults they tend to fly the coop to do strong "responsible"??? things. While the other half of the siblings are dancing away in LA, this one is grappling with mud and shock in the mountains. Go figure.


We are immensely proud of our son who is in the best shape of his life at this point both physically and emotionally. As parents, we can't ask for more than that, other than to ask that he might take up ballroom line dancing next :)




Needless to say, this is still his theme song! Never more appropriate than now!
{Rachael, you are a saint! :)}







2 comments:

  1. Holy crap! Those guns should be illegal! Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the muscles on that guy! I can't believe that this is Gordonski of long ago! Impressive Gordon, but scary to an old aunt!

    ReplyDelete