Monday, June 2, 2014

Spring Blossoms Fall Jam

Apple Blossoms


Pear Blossoms


Quince Blossoms


The apple and pear blossoms are over-the-fence neighbour's trees. They are not kept in a manner to produce wonderful fruit, but rather reach out for the sun and drop their labours on the ground. This area must have once been a farm with various fruit trees and oak lined lanes. The street one over is named "Peachtree"....so we know that somewhere there was once another species, only to be cut down and have a street named after it. The tiny quince that I planted last year yielded a few small fruit, nothing to make jam out of really. I was delighted it made it through the winter and has a few small blooms....perhaps a jam fest this fall.











2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful time of year with the trees and shrubs so laden with blossoms. I am delighted with my wee quince as well but doubt that I will be making jam from its fruit for some time. Photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Don't you just love Spring?? These are some of the loveliest
    blooming trees...perfect for arrangements! :) That's OK, I promise I'll leave my clippers
    at home (I think Martha calls them secateurs).

    David

    ReplyDelete