Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Rose Collection - Number 2

This is another finished cushion from the "Rose Collection". Not sure what I had originally intended all this flowery fabric for, but it's making a good base for my lessons.


I learned so much from the wonderful women who taught and attended this class. From tying and embedding knots in the quilt top, to proper measuring and marking, to quilting stitches and sewing it all together with a quilting walking foot. My gosh. There was a lot to take in and even more to remember. The class was very knowledgeable and shared all their insider techniques. THAT is invaluable information and inspiration. The newer quilting techniques don't follow any of the old rules, so it's a bit like colouring outside the lines. I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment