Friday, October 31, 2014

More Fodder for "The List"

As if I'm not already obsessed by my list of fabulous houses/estates/castles to see....last night we watched Masterpiece Mystery and the first episode of "Death Comes To Pemberley". I really must start making plans to rent a cottage somewhere and get going on my quest to see it all. The Downton Abbey trailers are showing. I think I am the only one on the planet that hasn't figured out how to access it from it's current run in Britain. Maybe my internet guru son-in-law can stream it for me when I'm in LA next week. There is something about savouring, and waiting for it to come too. We are such a generation of immediacy. I'll see.

In the meantime, I highly recommend "Death Comes to Pemberley". Check your local PBS stations, and pack your bags! :)




"Filming began in June 2013 on location in Yorkshire and Derbyshire and has been supported with investment from Screen Yorkshire. Chatsworth House in Derbyshire was used as the exterior of Pemberley, and rooms at Chatsworth and at Castle Howard and Harewood House, both in Yorkshire, were used for indoor scenes.[4] Areas of National Trust land including Hardcastle Crags, Fountains Abbey and the Studley Royal estate and Treasurer's House were also used in filming. Beverley's Guildhall provided the location for a courtroom.[5] The gallows scenes were filmed on a purpose-built scaffold outside York Crown Court, with Wickham emerging from the gate to the old debtors's prison in the York Museum." Wikipedia
















1 comment:

  1. I could not even sit through Death Comes to Pemberley. I tried though...

    ReplyDelete