Tuesday, October 21, 2014

More Inspiration for travel


I have become so enthusiastic about Great Estates Scotland that I've decided I really need to see all of them. Sometime. Soon.

I said the same thing about the itinerary in the original film "The Trip". This was a rather charming tour of restaurants in northern England. Originally a British television sitcom, the series was edited into a movie. Funny men Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon do fabulous impersonations of Michael Caine, Sean Connery, and Sir Anthony Hopkins to name a few, whilst dining in pretty fabulous inns and eateries. The scenery and the food make me want to follow the route they took.






"The Inn at Whitewell"





"L'Enclume"




"Holbeck Ghyll"






"Hipping Hall"




"The Yorke Arms"




"The Angel at Hetton"



There is one major problem in doing this tour. The driving. Wrong side of the road and usually stick shift transmission.


This is the Map

"The Guardian" on how to do "The Trip" CHEAPER

This is far more likely the tour route I'd be taking!

The follow-up movie is "The Trip ~ Italy". Will report on that one Ciao eh!!












2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing I won't be driving, even though I know how to shift....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At all interested in Leeds????? Could do some research there. :}

    ReplyDelete