Saturday, January 10, 2015

Never more appropriate

The sun was shining brightly, so I decided it was a good time to shovel. Feeling rather intrepid, I donned silk long underwear (largely because it's thin and would fit under my jeans!) and headed out in parka, ear muffs, sturdy boots and mitts. It was light snow and I was done in no time, so decided I would just hop in the now warmed car and head off to the grocery store. Yes, I know, that get-up is strictly for shoveling. I was emboldened by my progress. Arriving in the parking lot, a song that I remember from 1967 was playing on my Sirius 60's on 6. Pozo-Seco singers!!! Oh my goodness. Of course I sat snuggly and reminisced letting the good old folk song wash over me and I was 19 again. Even though I looked like the Wreck of the Hesperus, I skipped through the aisles undetected and smiled all the way home.




Indeed..Time..where did you go?? Hope this brings a nice memory to you too and if not, here is a great old song you should know.













3 comments:

  1. And you got up at what time? Obviously too excited about your big day to sleep. Have fun and remember to leave some date squares at home for the professor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: the song....Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great song! I dropped by yesterday and sang along and did the same several times today. Time oh time where did you go? That certainly is the appropriate question at this stage of life, yet the benefit of the passing of time, is that I have had more and more time with you my friend! Thanks always for the laughs and friendship!

    ReplyDelete