Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A little late but hey it's cold outside!

With these days of relentless cold and wind and snow and .....----cold... It seemed like a good time to pick up something I've been meaning to do for a long time. (Read: didn't get this done for Christmas). This is the first piece in the kit, and now I will attempt the cup of hot cocoa. It's a lot warmer making these than actually donning the skates and going out there all bundled up. This is a kit ordered from "Posie Gets Cozy"...aka the amazing Alicia Paulson. If you like a little bit of handwork, this might be just right for you. Check out the site anyway, there are lots of darling little kits to choose from. I love blanket stitch :)








7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Okay. I had to make that pom pom. I don't have one of those nifty pom pom makers, so I did it the old way. After several lone attempts, I had the Professor tie the yarn around the middle of the bundle. That was a BIG help. NO kidding...it was. Then, he had to help me with the technicality of officially laced skates. Also a BIG help. I can't do it in real life and I couldn't do it on the stuffed version either. There was a bit of wailing a gnashing of teeth, a bit of stuffing flying, but otherwise a good collaboration. He was a BIG help. Thanks:)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Leslie...
    Oh.....and Larry! :o)
    Her blog is amazing...such a sweet little girl...I have drooled over it for a few years!
    Hope you are staying warm....been to Fitness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Florida! Of course I haven't been to fitness. I only go for the coffee dates afterwards now! I'm considered an emeritus member:)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha!
      Probably me too....by the time I get back!

      Delete
  3. You (and Larry) are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Lauren. Larry learned all his skills from a very good grade 5 teacher :) Happy Birthday Miss A!

      Delete