Monday, February 16, 2015

Cleaning up

I am valiantly trying to tidy/clear/clean up my studio/Gordon's old room/4th. bedroom. It all started because I was trying to find a file folder of paper dolls that I had saved from Mary Engelbreit's magazines ~ a lifetime ago. One thing led to another and I'm in the thick of it now. Fortunately, the sub-arctic weather here is conducive to indoor activities, so I'm not missing anything other than frozen nostrils out-of-doors.

Did you ever hear this totally appropriate and totally silly poem?

"Little Willie from his mirror
Licked the mercury right off
Thinking in his childish error
It would cure the whooping cough.

At the funeral his mother
Smartly said to Mrs. Brown;
"T'was a chilly day for Willie
When the mercury went down!""

Anonymous....{As if anyone is going to own up to this ditty :)}


As you can tell by now, I am on a work avoidance program at the moment. These are a few other things I found, and by putting them here, I can keep tabs on where they might turn up. It's good to clear up, it's quite another to remember where everything was put! From an ancient Martha Stewart Good Things Made Even Better. I may have to suss out a few of these jars, but I have unearthed a plethora of mason jars in my travails of late.



I am definitely going to do this collection this Easter. Whilst I was in the Valentine's aisle the other day, I turned around and there were the Easter bunnies popping their heads up in eager anticipation of their festival. It will take me from now until the beginning of April to cobble all of this together, so I will start now.

In a similar vein, I will also be doing this. Another of Martha's organizing tips. Say what you will, these are cool.


Hope you are all safe and warm inside on this Family Day (in Canada) and President's Day (USA). I know, I'll make Nanaimo Bars right now.







No comments:

Post a Comment