Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It has been a wee while.......

















Decisions, Decisions. They kill me. Not sure if it's because I'm so forgetful these days or if it's just a condition aggravated by age. Probably some of both.

The first decisions arose in the quilting class I was taking over an 8 week course. Rather than a sampler, our grandiose ideas turned into a slightly larger production which engendered many decisions on how many, how much, how big??? The last three squares have been decided and finished and now on to the putting together. Don't hold your collective breaths....it's another HUGE decision.

Then there was the decision about the car. Pushed forward by a stone cracking my windshield, this decision became more urgent. After considering all the options, the new car is another Nissan. The 2016 Altima is a total model change. As I drove in to the Costco parking lot, there was another white Altima same vintage as my beloved old Navy Blue one, so I slid in beside it and you can now see the changes side by side. The only vehicle with the tan leather interior is white. Decision made easier.

Taking a break from hand sewing and stars I did an inventory of my current fabric stash and came across the easy breezy pillow cases that I had purchased some time ago in Vancouver. Since we will be returning to the West Coast in May, I decided I would whip these up....no decision making here, just a really fun project and nice to have for the "chiclets" when they come and stay. Since March Break was approaching the decision was to 'get at it!'.

Luca really needed something new for the basement toy box. He's been really good about rooting around in the old Lego and assorted old Fisher Price stuff. When I spied this space station over at Milo's, it was so exciting and I knew he'd love it. The Professor does too so that's two situations covered :)

Zoë loved the idea of helping out making carrot muffins and did a really great job of scraping all the carrots and grating with the food processor. A skill I have informed her parents that they must not underestimate! One can always use a sous chef these days, especially a good one. The kids arrived for an overnight on St. Patrick's Day and we celebrated by watching the charming movie "Song of the Sea". It's a delightful tale and perfect for the wee ones although a tiny bit sad, but then again, it's a great conversation piece too. The animation is gorgeous and the music a delight. I have had one of these "adult" colouring books around for quite some time now, trying to entice Zoë into a little creative time together. Oddly enough, she decided that she could now do it and we settled in to many hours of side by side collaboration. She's doing really well and I'm delighted to use my good pencil crayons with someone who appreciates their magic. She woke up after our overnight all ready to "do art" now! Hope it continues, as it really is a calming and connecting activity.

Now that the weather has turned to spring??? (snow and ice in the forecast for tonight!) I've decided I had best get my fitbit into action and get those steps increased. Took a sprint around the neighbourhood and figured out how to use my iPhone music and camera at the same time. Came across some wonderful crocus' and then just around the corner in the oddest occurrence, a snow shower to compliment a remaining Christmas theme. I have been hearing the eerie sounds of wild coyotes in the park near our house. At night, the howling is other worldly and quite freaky. I called the city to report that I could hear what I swear is a pack of them....not just one....sounds like they are finding some sort of small prey...then on my walk, the signs. I guess I'll equip myself with "deterrents" next time I'm out! Yikes. If I spot them at midday we are seriously in trouble.

Well that's what I've been up to and why I've been diverted from blogging. It's really hard now with all the various media choices to settle down and get through the blog process. It's so much easier to hit a like button on Facebook, or Heart a little Instagram picture, that I often forget about posting here anymore. I know that some of you don't use the other platforms so here you go! Easter is upon us this coming weekend and I promise I will post a bit of that. Thanks for all the calls and inquiries as to my welfare. All is well, I'm just lazy and making waaaaay too many decisions these days :) xxxxxooooo


No comments:

Post a Comment