Sunday, April 10, 2016

Cannot wait


Tonight is THE night. OUTLANDER is back. I cannot be more excited. The only disappointing thing is that it is airing on Sunday evening when everything else seems to be airing. My t.v. watching schedule has a bland space between "Dancing With The Stars" on Monday night to "The Amazing Race" on Friday....nothing. You could say that I should space out my Sunday night "faves" but I just can't do it! I'm way too curious.


There is another problem with my t.v. watching. If I even dare to recline on the sofa after dinner, I immediately fall asleep and miss all the shows ~ hence a very full PVR. In order to combat this 'condition' for my upcoming marathon, I decided I would refer back to Carol From Kansas and make something fairly "Outlander-ish". In my most recent Workroom class I inquired about the Rowan Felted wool, and Suzanne, the owner of Knit Stitch just happened to have some in her inventory. She very kindly supplied me with the requirements and I will endeavour to stay wide awake whilst knitting a poncho in "Antique". It's all working out.






My latest class at The Workroom. VISIBLE mending. More of an art form really and I love the possibilities.













"Call the Midwife"




"Madame Secretary". I love Téa Leoni's glasses.




"The Good Wife" ~ Julianna Margulies is great but him ?!?!?!? YOWSA!! Jason Crouse aka Jeffrey Dean Morgan




If you haven't watched "Grantchester" you probably should. Just saying.




Mr. Selfridge (Jeremy Piven) is not my most favourite, but I do like the period and story line




Since the weather is still threatening to be like this tonight, I feel confident that I have enough to do and watch to keep me busy and happily occupied.

Oh Yes!
I'm reading THIS


Very good so far.....















4 comments:

  1. How the heck did I miss that class on the calendar. I would have taken it for sure! I'm taking the indigo dying class. I don't really know why, seeing as I've taken 2 indigo classes before and I don't really like dark blue :)
    I can only stay awake in front of the tv if my hands are busy (eating, knitting, sewing. I can't wait for Outlander! but I have to wait til it comes on shomi because I don't have cable :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit of a hike, but you are welcome here any Sunday evening! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, and also -- I want to knit that poncho too :)
    It looks easy :)And I have lots of yarn
    I have a beautiful giant shawl that Ray made me -- but i am going to pull it apart. His tension was so loose that It took double the amount of wool -- so it weighs a ton and sags to the ground. Very sad, because it took him 6 months to knit it http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-rococo-shawl
    I'm off now to see how to do a provisional cast on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the provisional cast on is totally unnecessary. A regular cast on is just fine.

      Delete